I know what you're thinking... Soup has always been in Bournemouth, in fact I had soup last week.
We're talking about a different kind of Soup. Let us explain.
On Saturday 29th April at the Wellspring Centre in Boscombe, a big bunch of us will eat soup together and raise money for community projects in Bournemouth. This is how it's going to work:
1) Everyone pays a suggestion donation of £5 on the door (if you can't afford £5, that's ok - pay what you can! If want to pay a bit more, that's ok too!)
2) Four community projects have four minutes each to share with the audience about what they do
3) The audience gets to ask the projects four questions
4) Everyone eats soup together
5) Everyone gets to vote for which project they think should get the money raised on the door
Good idea isn't it! We can't take the credit for it. Soup events started in Detroit and the idea has taken the world by storm! Now there are 60 different Soup events in the UK alone! You can read all about the magic of Soup here.
Bournemouth Soup is a big collaborative project. Veggies for the soup are provided by Grounded Enterprises and the Sustainable Food City Partnership: those veggies are going to be cooked up into a delicious vegan soup by Ally from the Plant Life Foods. On top of this there are an amazing bunch of artists, creatives and activists working hard behind the scenes to make this first Bournemouth Soup excellent.
So, do you want to join us on the 29th? We would love to have you with us!
Reserve your ticket at www.bournemouthsoup.eventbrite.co.uk.
See you there!